Sunday, April 22, 2007

What a difference the sun makes

The boys and I had a wonderful
weekend together
courtesy of
the sun
I actually felt like a good mom
for the first time
in a while
enjoy the pictures below
-b

This picture was taken through my dining room window screen. This is the first year I've been able to leave the boys in the yard without me present. The yard is fenced in, and the boys know not to leave. I keep the windows open so that I can hear them at all times. AT one point it got a little too quiet for my likings. I went to the window to peak, and they were whispering to each other, and aiming the hose at the neighbor who was hanging her laundry. Luckily, the water hasn't been turned back on yet for the season!
Jacob blowing bubbles. Am I the only mother out there who despises bubbles? Is there any activity messier than bubbles? But it's still cute to watch them get the first few bubbles out.

Josh was insistent that Brooklyn needed Poland Springs water. I, of course, let him feed it to her.Spring has sprung in our backyard!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boys are sooo cute and well, heck so is Brooklyn!!

It's so interesting to see how much more developed your flowers/bushes/plants are than mine. You're only probably 20 miles south, but we barely have buds, and you have green and blooms!!! I only have crocus and hyacinths.

Anonymous said...

I hate bubbles too B!!

Maisy said...

I love these peaks into your life.

Congratulations on the 'within earshot backyard alone milestone'. From memory, that added HUGE enjoyment to my life as a mum.

Ali

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Glad you enjoyed it. :o)

P.S. I HATE bubbles! Much to my children's dismay I avoid them frequently. You should hear the excuses I've come up with...

Mel

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

Beautiful pictures! We had 80 degree weather here so I too was a good mother and let the little guy outside to blow off steam. (Love the bottled water for the dog!)

Nick said...

I love the picture thru the screen. It adds a nice touch :)

Anonymous said...

The sun works wonders on one's mood, eh?