Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sinking

It's that time of year again. If you've been reading for a while, or you know me personally, you know that this is the time of year that hits me hardest. This is the lead up to the anniversary of Joe's hospitalization, and subsequent death. Last year at this time I was a disaster. This year? Not much better.

I thought that having T around might make things different, and they did a bit. But now he's gone away for the next week, and I'm a bit sick, and all of the unfinished businesses with grad school, and preschool, and regular school are taking their toll on me. I was actually kind of looking forward to T going away, so I could have freedom to be depressed. But now I just want him back.

To top it all off, we were supposed to go to NYC this week. I still haven't seen baby Sophia yet. But I'm too sick to go, and so I'm stuck here alone and depressed.

I hate this time of year.

I'm sinking. Again.

-b

6 comments:

Dial-Up Princess said...

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it's so hard right now. Try to keep breathing, and keep going. Hang in there. You'll get to the other side...

Love you. :o) Mel

Anonymous said...

You are not alone. We are all here with you! Hugs

Monique

J.Rowe said...

Hey there-

I'm sorry you're feeling so low right now. Do your best to take it one day at time. I often find the whole picture way to daunting. T will be back before you know it. Everything with "school" will have a way of working out. It will be summer before you know it.

J

Anonymous said...

oh man, I'm sorry that you're feeling this way. Hang on as best you can!

Ms. bus stop singer said...

Finding is the first act
Second Loss
Third Expedition for the golden Fleece.
Emily Dickinson...

It's not complete, but it actually helped me dealing with the loss of a beloved teacher. I came here by accident, on a blogging session as I call reading randomly other bloggers, and loved the way you deal with the pain. Talking about it, as many other women do. Keep that way, keep the memories and build new ones. That will make it worth it.
XOXO from Southamerica.
AG