Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Mother's Day

Mother's Day has not traditionally been a good day here. My first Mother's Day as a mother was the day of Joe's funeral. My second Mother's Day as a mother was spent at the cemetery for Joe's unveiling (a ceremony where the tombstone is unveiled for the first time). My third Mother's Day as a mother was spent cleaning out the basement that was flooding due to extraordinarily heavy downpours.

My fourth Mother's Day as a mother is promising to be much better than my past ones. My mother has offered to (gasp!) take my sons for the weekend. T and I will be traveling to Kennebunkport, Maine to relax and dine out. We will be staying here. I am very much looking forward to spending my nights here, and am particularly looking forward to breakfast.

I figure I am due a good Mother's Day, right?

-b

16 comments:

J.Rowe said...

Looks absolutely perfect...I'm envious! You guys are going to have a fantastic time.

Anonymous said...

You deserve it! :O)Mel

Chels said...

I am so jealous, but extremely happy for you!

Anonymous said...

You sooooo deserve it!!

Enjoy and take some pics to share with us other Moms who will be cooking our own breakfasts! LOL

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say, if you see them, make sure to tell the Bush family hello from me! LOL ;-P

Anonymous said...

Aw, you're going back to Maine without ME?? ;)

Have a BLAST! You so deserve it.

Mother's Day is still one of the toughest days of the year for me. This year promises to be better...I'm taking Jack to Phoenix to see his big brother (from Big Jack's first marriage). They haven't seen each other since Jack was 4 months old...Timothy (brother) is now 34! Should be fun.

So glad you get to have a weekend away with T! Enjoy...

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

Have a wonderful time - you deserve it. That part of Maine is my favorite place in New England. Have a cuppa chowdah for me!!

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased that you will finally be having a properly relaxing Mother's Day. You really do deserve it.
KM

Anonymous said...

Absolutely!

Anonymous said...

You are most definitely DUE!

Nick said...

You're due for a lot of good days b :)

Sandy. said...

You're definitely due. May this Mother's Day be the start of a new trend.

Sandy.

b said...

I lov eyou guys

Nat said...

i hope you have a great mother's day!!

Mrs. G.F. said...

That looks wonderful. Oh, my gosh. That breakfast, and relaxing? And a fireplace??

You are going to have a fabulous time, and it is well-deserved.

I am so happy for you.

Chels said...

This is off the subject but as I recall you enjoy the office right? Head to my blog to have a good laugh