Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Why Being A Widow Sucks
(Reason # 277)

I miss my husband
I miss my boyfriend
How can I miss them both at the same time?

I want my husband
I want my boyfriend
How can I want them both at the same time?

I dream about my husband
and I cry

I dream about my boyfriend
and I smile

Some days I wish I could join my husband
Some days I get so excited thinking about a possible future with my boyfriend

I miss my old life
I like my new life

I love two men
and only one is still living

I wonder if this ever gets easier

-b

7 comments:

kyle said...

i don't know if it ever gets easier but wanted to let you know that you have company. i feel like i could have written what you said-- but you say it so much better- never knew exactly what a life conflicted meant- now i do....

Nat said...

I'm sorry:( (((hugs))

M said...

Sounds confusing to me. I hadn't thought about it quite that way before.

Hang in there. :o)

Daisydee said...

I know you've heard it before. Times does heal. It does get easier. Different amount of time for everyone.

I'm sorry for your loss but excited for your future.

*hugs*

Maisy said...

Surreal is a word that often expresses how I find the widow experience. I feel as though it fits your situation. I mean, who ever would've thought you'd be missing both your husband and your boyfriend, in love with both your husband and your boyfriend, and for that to be a legitimate feeling with no cheating or disloyalty involved?

The widda experience adds a new dimension to everything.

Ali

Alicia said...

This sums it up pretty well for me, B. Mind if I link to it?

b said...

Of course not! Go for it.