Thursday, September 21, 2006

Cute Story From My Class

We were doing an activity called, "Numbers all around us." It involved writing various numbers that had some meaning to us, and then drawing pictures showing what the numbers represented. I modeled the lesson by writing various numbers on the board, and asking my students to guess what the numbers represented.

One of the numbers was 9 (my shoe size). A child raised his hand, got called on, and guessed, with a serious voice, that the number nine represented the age of my GRANDCHILD!

What's worse is none of my students thought that was a crazy guess! I know I don't look 20 anymore, but come on!

-b

7 comments:

Sandy. said...

You mean you don't have a grandchild who is 9? :)

Let's see, what else could 9 have represented?

Come on folks, we could have fun with this one . . .

Nat said...

Lol.. I remember being ten, and being friends with a girl who has a sister 10 years older than us. we both thought that was soooo old:)
For what is worth, you look 21:)

Maisy said...

Yep. Kids aren't good at age discrimination. Over 15 and you're ancient. Simple really.

Ali

Nick said...

"To the corner! And you best not remove that dunce cap!!!"

I guess you best not is not proper english though, eh?

J.Rowe said...

Nice. I think Ali is on to something. I used to think the "big kids" at the back of the bus were so old. Funny how their little minds can work at times: )

Anonymous said...

You look bloody great for a grandmother.

Boy don't kids get sexually mature earlier these days?

I think you forgot to have the condom talk with the boys I think. It was the youngest one wasn't it? It's always the younger one that knocks up or gets knocked up first.

Leslie said...

Buahahahaha! Sorry but that is pretty funny.