Sunday, September 17, 2006

Apple Picking

Years ago, I wrote a poem about Joe's lack of interest in apple picking. It went something like this:

You say that we will go apple picking this year
You always say that we'll go apple picking
We never actually go apple picking
Why would I pay all that money to put apples in a bag myself? You ask
Next year, I will go apple picking without you

Today was our third annual apple picking outing. Mel, Chris, Denise, all the kids, and myself took the usual two cars, and followed each other out into apple country. (Very close to where Leslie lives, btw.)

I'm sure Joe was as entertained as ever as we made our usual slew of funny mistakes.

Thanks ladies, for yet another fun adventure with apples, kids, and friends.

Isn't it a pretty orchard?
Melanie climbed a tree
The boys picked tons of apples

We tried to get a group picture, but no one would cooperate!
-b

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where was T during this outing? How are you guys doing? It looks likes tons of fun btw.

M said...

Thank you! We had tons of fun. And my body aches to prove it. I suspect I may be too old to climb trees. :o)

b said...

anon, T was away in Vermont this weekend. He won a diving trip. But things are great with us, and he'll be here for all of next weekend. Thanks for asking.

Mel, are you sure your achy from climbing the tree?

M said...

B, You are a BRAT!

J.Rowe said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. I'm sure it was an adventure to remember. We're heading up to MA, at the end of the month, to go apple picking. I hope we can catch up then.

Mel-sounds like you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Mel, there is no such thing as being too old to climb trees.

It's amazing how certain things seem to transcend country boundaries isn't it? Those photos look like they could be from right here in New Zealand.

You lot didn't come visit without telling me did you? That would be naughty.

Wanna hear a good apple picking story?

We used to have an apple tree at the back of our yard and we used to pick the apples off it until dad said we weren't allowed to pick the apples. So the tree ended up with a whole lot of apple cores growing off it. Hey, we did as he said and didn't pick them off the tree.

Leslie said...

Looks like fun!!!! We'll be going soon I'm sure since H.P. and some other orchards are literally minutes from here.
Everytime we go one of the kids falls in the mud, does that ever happen to anyone else or just us dopes?

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you could enjoy some fun down time.