Friday, May 02, 2008

Brett's (BCA's) story for the day
(mine will be posted later along with a link for today)

One day during high school times/age, Joe and I went down to the market near my house to buy some food to cook on the grill for that weekend. My mom was never a (good) cook, but his mom made her look like Rachel Ray, so he ate at my house quite a bit.

I was driving my mom's 5 speed Audi GT Coupe, a truly hideous car that had red leather interior (sad, I know), and as I parked the car on the side of the grocery store and we got out, we noticed that the car I parked next to (which was unlocked and with open windows) had a barrel keg in it's back seat.

Joe's eyes lit up the way only people who knew him know that they could. I talked him off the ledge and we went into the store to shop for grillables. We were in there for at least 30 mins, a reasonable enough time for the owner of the car to have come and gone, taking their keg with them. But when we came out, the car was still there.

Joe reached in and shook the keg, "It's full!" or something like that, he said. And so in a moment that will forever be blurry in my memory, in approximately 15 seconds time, Joe and I, weighing in total probably no more than 275 pounds ourselves, lifted this over 200 pound and awkward to carry full-barrel keg of beer out of this person's backseat and into the trunk of my mother's car. It didn't even really fit, so we had to push and wedge it down into the small sized trunk.

And then we were gone.

We took it back to my house for our newly planned weekend festivities. I called another group of friends to join us, who I knew had a pony pump we needed to extract the beer from it's aluminum jail.

And while I don't remember his exact words, Joe said something to the likes of, "we can charge everyone $10 per cup." I squashed that one as fast as he uttered it and we all had a grand time that weekend. Oh, and we also got the $50 "back" for returning the empty keg on Monday after school.

No comments: