Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

We broke up today.

Was it something you said?

Was it something that I said?

No.

There was just nothing left to say.

You've been so good to me these past few years.

You've listened to me, guided me, advised me, and gave me the occasional dosage of tough love.

But I'm in a really good place now.

Life is good.

I laugh more than I cry.

I am relaxed more often than I'm worried.

I just no longer need to keep seeing you.

Maybe (probably) I will come back. I will sit in your office and share my problems, and you will guide me once again.

But for now, I am taking a break from you.

Goodbye my amazing therapist!

love,
b

17 comments:

wermit said...

you scared me. I had to quickly scroll to the end of you post. :)

Anonymous said...

You scared me too and I already knew what happened. :o)M

Anonymous said...

This scared the s out of me.

Anonymous said...

Good grief! I was reading as fast as I could to see what you were talking about!

Stephanie said...

i think that i read the first line, and went flying to the last line... missed all that was in between! so glad that you are doing so well!

Anonymous said...

Do not do this again. I was worried.

Glad though that you are feeling wonderful and ready for a counseling break. That's great.

Anonymous said...

B, that is NOT right to do to me while I'm still waiting for my first cup of coffee to sink in!!!!

All I can say is PHEW...

Anonymous said...

Phew, I wasn't the only one holding my breath here! Of course, after I finished reading it (and taking a deep breath), I had to read it again and loved it the second time!!!
Love, Gina

Anonymous said...

hello, heart attack city. at least i wasn't alone! anyway, mazel tov b, that is really fantastic!!! xoxo-ej

Anonymous said...

hello, heart attack city. at least i wasn't alone! anyway, mazel tov b, that is really fantastic!!! xoxo-ej

Anonymous said...

hello, heart attack city. at least i wasn't alone! anyway, mazel tov b, that is really fantastic!!! xoxo-ej

Anonymous said...

oops - sorry for that triple post - i have no idea what happened there! :o)

Amanda said...

OK, you are not allowed to do that anymore. You scared us all!

I am glad you are doing so much better!

Amanda

Alicia said...

Add me to the list of those in shock ... and relief.

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

Okay - that was just MEAN! (Glad you're doing well though)

E9 said...

you did NOT scare me

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got rid of that chump. All they did was take your money from you. :-)

Why pay for someone to talk to when you got us? :-P