Monday, July 30, 2007

Spinning


The secret to my success
(if you can call it that)

I still have a long way to go
about 50 more pounds
but I have gotten off to
a pretty good start
down 17 pounds today

How am I doing it?
I'm eating less
a lot less
and I'm working out more
a lot more

that's it

Today I added a spinning class
to my regime
It was hard
I sweat like I've never sweat before

We supposedly biked for 21 miles
and my butt is super sore
but I loved it
I could feel the weight coming off
and it made me spin harder

can't wait to do it again

-b

7 comments:

J.Rowe said...

Good for you... Spinning is tough! 21 miles is crazy. The elliptical is all set and the move went well. It nice when things go well: )

Aunt Boo said...

Congrats!! You are doing great and I am so jealous. Keep up your great work and you will be glad you did.

Have an awesome day!
Amanda

Maisy said...

I know a girl who was a super fit gym instructor and weighed 160 pounds. Then she took on instructing 11 spin classes a week. Without trying (if you can call 11 spin classes a week not trying!) she now weighs 120 pounds.

Ali

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am very impressed. Hope you're feeling very proud of yourself. :o)Mel

Anonymous said...

Get a Wii.

Seriously, you have lots of fun, you get a really great workout, it's cheaper than a gym membership, and you don't have to go outside on miserable days.

And they're going to bring out a pad that comes with exercise games for a proper workout. Already the potential for snowboarding and skateboarding games have been imagined.

Anonymous said...

What exactly is spinning?

Is it like running in a circle on the spot?

If it is, you don't need to pay anyone for that.

I actually thought you meant spinning as in making wool and thought that would be fun and thought that yeah it makes sense that you'd get a lot of exercise but then I figured it had something to do with gyms and it's appeal got lost.

I think you should take up spinning classes, then you'd probably need to take up knitting classes so that you could use the wool that you just made.

b said...

LW,
spinning is a bike class. You'd like it.