Saturday, July 14, 2007

Dear Joshua,

Today you are three years old! How is that even possible? You are a child like no other. You are incredibly funny, with a sense of humor far beyond your age. You love to play with your brother and friends. You love watching construction sites, and think that the school being built down the street is your construction site. You can (and do) name every type of truck you see while we are driving, and you expect (demand) praise for noticing them.

Joshie, you have had a hard time controlling your emotions lately. You have temper tantrums beyond what I have ever experienced with tantrums. Sometimes they last for an entire hour! Hopefully you will find a new way to express your frustrations soon.

You are an amazing snuggler. You love to lie with me and have me sing to you. You have yet to learn that I can't carry a tune. You love to sing as well. You turn regular conversations into songs all the time, and sing at any given opportunity. Today, for example, you sang to the tune of Frere Jaque (No idea how to spell it), "I don't like mommy, I don't like mommy, no I don't, no I don't."

You are a fabulous eater. You eat almost anything presented to you, and you still want more. You love fruit more than sweets, and choose yogurt over chocolate. Clearly, I have no influence over you!

Josh, you bring such joy to everyone who meets you. You are a singer, a dancer, a dump truck driver, a friend, a comic, a snuggler, a dog walker, a climber, a bike rider, a puzzle solver, a smiler, an amazing little boy.

Happy 3rd Birthday, Joshua!

love,
Mommy


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be Frere Jacques (I Think)

Love the words to his song.
Gotta love kids, 'specially your own.

Anonymous said...

I haven't even met Josh and I like the kid.

And it's Frère Jacques. It means Brother John although Google Translate is retarded because if you do Brother John and translate it it says Frère John which is not right. Funny though that this tune is one of the most common tunes that kids will try and sing other words to.

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Joshua.

in_tne_clover
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I so love these posts to your boys. They will certainly appreciate them someday.

Happy birthday Joshie!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joshie! You are certainly everything your mom says you are! Love you! :o)Mel

Aunt Boo said...

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Happy Birthday Joshua!!!!

Amanda :)