Sunday, February 25, 2007

Back From NY

We arrived back from NY this afternoon, and I don't have any exciting news to report. Baby Sophia is holding out I guess. She will be here this week for sure, but I won't be there to see her arrival.

It's hard living so far away from my sister. I feel like I barely know my nephew, and feel sad that our kids get to spend such little time together. By the time they're all comfortable hanging out together, someone has to go home.

Last year I was seriously thinking about moving to NYC. I have come to realize that I don't want to live there. I want to live close to my sister and her family, but I don't want to live in NYC. If only I could get them to move here....

-b

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey B - I wish they would move north too!! I'm glad you were able to be there to help out.

(your sister's friend)

Andrea said...

I know how hard it is to not be near your sister. :-(

M said...

I'm sorry you can't be closer to your sister. But selfishly, as you well know, I'm glad you're not moving to NYC. :o)

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel. My brother and his family live in Germany...I haven't seen them in 2 years. The phone just isn't enough. I hope you are able to visit your sister and her family again soon.

-Nic

Erin said...

I feel your pain! My sis lives in LA, so I never get to see her. Sorry you didn't get to see the arrival of the baby, but hopefully sis will send lots of pics and video (although it's not a good as the real thing.)

ramblingmuse said...

I know the feeling. As much as I want to be closer to my nieces and nephew, AZ is just way too hot for me. Hope you can visit again soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi B!!

It was great to hang out with you and meet your adorable boys. Glad you had a great time and I hope to see you soon. I promise I will "pipe in" more often!