Sunday, February 11, 2007

Heaven

Tell us a story
about heaven
they said to me
tonight

you want to hear a story
about heaven?
I clarified

yes
tell us a story
about daddy in heaven

ok
I said

Heaven is a beautiful place
where everyone is
happy all the time

and the best part of heaven
is that you get to watch
all the people
you loved most
in the world

and your daddy spends his days
watching the people
he loved most in this world

So your daddy spends
his days
watching the two of you
and is so happy
because you are so happy

I miss him mommy
I know
I do too
-b

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that makes me cry...

So sweet...and so sad that you have to have these conversations with them, but they are so blessed to have you as their mom.

Maisy said...

Heaven sounds good.

But I hope to be here for a little while longer.

Ali

ramblingmuse said...

Puts a lump in my throat... :(

Mrs. G.F. said...

Heartbreakingly beautiful.

M said...

The lumps in my throat too.

Your answers were amazing though...

Anonymous said...

There is a great children's book, along this subject line, that you may like as a read aloud to the boys. It's called The Heavenly Village by Cynthia Rylant (of Henry & Mudge fame). It really hit home with me. I even read it to my teenagers. I highly recommend it.