Thursday, October 26, 2006

Some Highlights From My Reading
(I tried posting this last night, but blogger was down)

* Before Joe came through, My mother's mother came through. She died before I was born, and I was named after her. She had some interesting things to say regarding my family, and said that she had been my "guiding light" through my life. (she's done a shitty job, if you ask me!)

* He knew Joe was going to start his own business
* He could smell cigars and pipe smoke very strongly, and said that when I smell it in my house, it's Joe coming through
* He knew I was pregnant when Joe died, but assured me that he had met Joshua
* He knew that the boys have stars on their ceiling, and said that when the boys look at the stars at night, Joe is looking back at them
* Joe thanked me for the balloon (not sure if I posted the balloon story, will have to check)
* Joe was glad I had taken off my rings (I was wearing them at the reading, so he didn't get that from looking at my finger). He is happy I'm moving on
* Joe didn't want to talk about how he died. He said it was in the past, and it was time to stop discussing it
* Joe knew that I have been writing, and that others read my writing. He told me to keep it up
* He loves that the boys play his guitar
* He keeps messing with my tv
* He has the "Little Bean" with him. (Little Bean was what we called the baby that I miscarried)
* Joe showed him Foxwoods, or Vegas, and said, "Ca Ching, Ca Ching." (Of course it didn’t dawn on me to ask about the missing ticket from Vegas!)
* He liked listening to the harmonica that Jacob had just received the day before
* He told me that I am going to have a baby girl (That's the 4th medium to tell me so)

He was there. He really was there. And Bernie from widow group got about a 45minute reading from her husband.

It was a truly extraordinary night, and I only wish it didn't have to end. I literally could have stayed there all night listening to Joe.

I miss him tonight.

-b


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great b! I'm so glad for you that Joe was there!
Thanks for sharing.
-Sharon

Anonymous said...

Phenomenal.....

M said...

I'm still getting goosebumps. I'm at school reading this with tears in my eyes - amazing. I'm glad you were able to "talk" to Joe again, even if only through someone else.

Just want to mention that Joe is often "smelled" in the house. B's house doesn't constantly smell of cigars, but once in a while the smell just shows up - seemingly out of nowhere. It's happened in different rooms. Not just one.

Thanks for sharing this incredible experience with us.

Maisy said...

Just incredible.

I had several miscarriages - 5 in fact - and after you sharing your reading I know that Michael has more children with him than I do!

Thank you so much for sharing.

Ali

Dial-Up Princess said...

Amazing...

Leslie said...

That is amazing! Talking to him must have brought you such a mix of comfort yet caused you to miss him terribly all over again. Not that you ever stopped missing him but you know what I mean.

emotional girl said...

I'm so happy for you as I try to write this with tears in my eyes...especially about "little bean"

Anonymous said...

I just teared up for you... I am happy you were able to have this experience.

Sandy. said...

I'm not sure of the word I am looking for . . .

wow.

J.Rowe said...

Amazing. You must be so pleased to have had the chance to connect with Joe. I especially like that you're going to have a baby girl someday: ) So very neat about the cigar smoke.

Maybe the ticket will just turn up somewhere especially when work on the closets....I think he was telling you it's still in the house.

I'm really happy for you.

Anonymous said...

very interesting, glad you got the experience

Anonymous said...

What an extraordinary gift! An affirmation of the present and a positive view to the future. Add those to your past memories and I'd say you have a really neat "package"!

Hope it soothed your soul:))

Hugs
k

Nat said...

Wow.. it must be really reassuring for you to get a few answers.

Joe sounds like a wonderful man.

Nat said...

Wow.. it must be really reassuring for you to get a few answers.

Joe sounds like a wonderful man.

ramblingmuse said...

Wow. It sounds like an amazing reading.

allison said...

Wow, that is amazing! I'm glad it was a success, and from what you've shared, it did really sound like he was there.