Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dream

Last night I had a dream
as vivid as any dream
I've ever had

Joe was alive
we were together
and I was happy

I was so happy
to be in his arms again
to be kissed by him again

and he promised me
that he would
never leave us again

I believed him

We laid in bed
together
he held me so tightly
I can still feel the pressure
on my skin

When we awoke
he took out a cigarette
and started to smoke it

I had forgotten how much I hated
the fact that he smoked

I realized then
that I made
a huge mistake

I no longer wanted what I once had

and I said goodbye
once again
and then I cried


-b

5 comments:

M said...

I can only imagine what it feels like to be on such highs and lows.

You have so many wonderful things going on in your life, but still a huge (understatement) loss, hanging there.

I'm sorry. :o(

Anonymous said...

I think that your mind is starting to realise that Joe is gone and won't be coming back and is now trying to get you to move on, possibly starting another life with T.

I mean how else could you explain pushing Joe away when you want him back, all because he smoked?

From what I've read about T I think that makes sense.

Notice that I said "another" life and not a new one? Man is that good shrink talk or what? :-)

That'll be one beer please. My services are cheap as I am someone of simple needs. Good beer and great talk is all I need. :-P

Maisy said...

Hmmmmm. Dreams can be very confronting.

If you have another dream in which he's given up smoking you'll have a problem....

Ali

Anonymous said...

b, so utterly poignant and, as is so typical of you, so heart-breakingly honest.

((HUGS))

With great admiration...

Anonymous said...

Did he tell you I was mad at him :)