Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I'm Psychic

If not psychic, than I at least have very strong intuition. I knew all day today that something was wrong with T. I began panicking this afternoon when I tried calling him and his phone was off. I got to the point where I emailed my therapist and asked her to call me.

Finally I saw T's name light up on my IM screen. I asked him if everything was ok, and he told me he got his official offer in the mail today. It wasn't good. No vacation days for an entire year, no benefits for 3 months, and a pay that's a few thousand less than he is presently getting.

As a result, he's not taking the job.

And as a result of that, he won't be moving in any time soon.

:O(

All in due time I suppose...

-b

11 comments:

M said...

Yuck! I'm sorry you're disappointed.

Erin said...

Ahhh, bummmer. I'm sorry, but like you said, all in due time.

Anonymous said...

So sorry, b.

Three things come to mind:
1. all good things come to those who wait
2. when one door shuts another opens (maybe a window - with awesome employee package)
3. if it is meant to be - it will!! Come hell or high-water!

((HUGS))

b said...

anonymous,
Who are you? Please reveal yourself! I must know!

Hugs,
b

Anonymous said...

At least your bad feelings weren't that bad. My intuition kicked off once and it was seriously bad news although it did have a good ending.

But I agree with Anon in all aspects.

All in all the wait will help to strengthen your relationship, although it seems to be going pretty well at the moment for a long distance one.

As the Brits say "Chin up my dear, stiff upper lip, what what."

Okay maybe not the "what what" part.

ramblingmuse said...

Bummer. :(

Maisy said...

:(

Ali

J.Rowe said...

Hey-

What's up with no vacation days for a year? That's insane!I'm sorry the job turned out to be a flop. The right one will come along for T. I think you have the right attitude all in good time...

Anonymous said...

Is none of it negotiable? From what you've told me, T is a pretty brilliant guy...I'd think that the prospective employer would be willing to deal in order to land him. But if not, I'm sorry it didn't work out...but yes, all in due time!

Love ya...

b said...

Thanks guys! I'm actually really ok with how things worked out. The way things are right now, with T being here all weekend, and us having our space during the week, is really working well. I'm happy.

And Judy, I've missed you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go B, that's the attitude.

I've known too many people who have done the whole "Let's move in together" deal when it was early days and it's blown up in their face.

Just let the turtle win this round (slow and steady wins the race).