Sunday, October 15, 2006

Another Amazing Weekend

To write about everything we did would likely bore you, but it was just a really great weekend all around.

Some highlights:

1. We had the boys try on their Halloween costumes because they are both nervous about Halloween, and I'm not sure they will wear them on the actual date. As you can see, they have both decided to be pumpkins.
2. We are going to upstate NY to T's parent's house for Christmas. (Had I told you that yet?) I've explained to the boys that we are Jewish so that Santa Claus doesn't come to our house, but since T's family celebrates Christmas, Santa visits there. And as a result, Santa will bring them each a present. I asked them what they wanted. Josh wants a pumpkin, and Jacob wants a Kiddush cup. So funny!

3. T and I continued discussing him moving in. I didn't explain so clearly last time how that would work. He wouldn't technically be moving into my house, he'd be moving in to my in-law apartment that I rent out. It would be a nice transition for us both, as well as a place for all of his stuff to go (and his cats to go.) He would eat dinner with us at night, and sleep up here on weekends. But during the week, we would stay in our respective parts of the house. I realize this may sound strange, but it makes sense to us, and is far less scary to me than him moving all of his stuff in, and living up here full time.

Patrick is now here for our weekly Amazing Race viewing! Hope you all had a great weekend!

-b

p.s. feel free to continue the name poll at the post below.


15 comments:

4texans said...

b-sounds like a great way to spend alot of time together without actually sharing the same bedroom, etc.! I'm so happy for you!

4texans said...

oh, yeah, the boys look absolutely cute in their costumes, how nice you could get them to smile and look happy at the same time!

M said...

It makes my heart happy to see and hear you so happy. You deserve every moment of it.

We'll have fun on Halloween whether they choose to wear their costumes or not. :o) I was kind of looking forward to the fairy though...

Anonymous said...

So Jacob wants to start alcoholism early does he? Get it over and done with before he becomes a teen? ;-)

Cool news about T although still trying to picture the in-law apartment. Is it seperate to your main house or is it like a granny flat that is on your section but not part of your house?

b said...

it's physiacally part of my house, but has its own entrance. it has a living room, bedroom, kitchen & bathroom

b said...

^physically

Maisy said...

Cutest pumpkiins I ever did see. :)

Ali

(And the living arrangements sound perfect!)

Nat said...

Sounds like you are very happy:)

Erin said...

The living situatioin sounds like a good plan to me!

So, no fairies this year? Oh well, maybe when they are in their teens. LOL.

Anonymous said...

They look adorable in their costumes. Jacob and the kiddush cup... classic.I think you'll have a great time in NY for Christmas.

Good luck with T and moving in your place. You need to do what's best for you guys. I hope the plan works out.

ramblingmuse said...

The boys decided to be pumpkins? I was hoping to se the fairy pics...lol!

Glad to hear things are moving along with T. :-)

Anonymous said...

Does T have indoor access to your part of the house or does he have to go outdoors?

I am just wondering how convenient mid-week midnight rendavous would be?

OK, OK, so I have a dirty mind:))

Seriously b, I am truly happy for you & the boys. T sure found himself a treasure!

Anonymous said...

whoops!! Forgot to mention your boys and their costumes -- JUST AS CUTE AS CAN BE!!

I,too, had imagery of pink fairies with starched frilly tutu's! LOL

b said...

Anonymous,
Yes, there is a connecting door!

And I was looking forward to the fairy idea as well, but when he changed his mind to be a pumpkin, I wasn't going to discourage it!

Anonymous said...

Can't say as I blame ya, b!