Monday, February 04, 2008

What Were You Doing At 4AM?

I was giving Jacob his second bath of the night
Poor guy had a fever close to 104
and was burning to touch
Motrin and a cool bath
seemed to help
but I spent the rest of
the night with him
in his twin bed

He had awakened at 1, 2, and 3
so my sleep was pretty much shot anyways
Joshua is also just as sick
but for some reason
he acts like he is fine
no matter what his temp

I said to my sister last night
"Josh takes being sick like a man"
she said back
"You mean he takes it like a woman?"
She was right, men are the worst when they are sick

Can you tell I've had no sleep?
This post seems silly
yet my kids are super sick
Hopefully the doctor will give them both meds
any chances they will be back in school tomorrow?
(Only answer that if you think the answer is yes)

-b

5 comments:

E9 said...

Yes, women are much stronger about that stuff.

Alicia said...

NO!

Bwahhhahaaahahhhaaaaa.

But I can do that because I've had a sick household for 2 weeks. So my evil laugh comes from the depravity of a fevered mind.

Hugs to you all, and prayers for a speedy recovery.

E9 said...

I realize I forgot to answer your post title question.

At 4am I was feverishly sobbing while huddled in a ball in the corner of my bedroom with my hands over my ears.

Nope, my stereo wasn't uncontrollably blaring the latest Maroon 5 album, but many have guessed that.

I was sad for our Patriots performance in the Super Bowl. Go ahead and taunt me...I dare you.

Just be prepared to be hunted down with the intensity of a thousand Suns.

:)

b said...

LOL! great answer!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, you girls think we can't handle being sick but you're wrong. We're more than capable of handling the sickness it's merely we choose not to.

It's not often that we get to spend all day with our better halves (not that I have one) and so when we get sick we make it seem like all hell has broken out all in a secret plan to get you to look after us so we can spend time with you.

In a sick (literally) and twisted way it's our way of being romantic.

Then you lot get sick because of us but we've taken too much sick leave already and we have to go back to work and so you're all left at home alone to deal with the sickness that we gave you. So while you're thinking you deal with it better in actual fact we're at work slaving for the man feeling absolutely guilty that we're not reciprocating the care and attention you embellished on us when all we wanted to do was spend some time with you.

We are really really sorry. We try so hard but we fail so miserably so often. :)

Hope the boys get better soon and that you avoid the sickness but now you know our secret maybe you could try it on T and see if he sympathises and cares for you hand and foot.