Friday, February 22, 2008

Updates

I feel like I owe you some updates, so this post will be about nothing and everything.

Brooklyn
She is doing fine. She was definitely out of it her first night home. She didn't bark for over 12 hours, which is really odd for her. Yesterday morning T was freaking out that she had lost her ability to bark. I, on the other hand, thought this was a fabulous side effect to having been beaten on the head. T did everything in his power to get her to bark, and of course, once she started, she hasn't stopped. "Ah, she's back to being our dog," T keeps saying. I just roll my eyes.

My Birthday
It was lovely. T did everything right this year, from having chocolates for me when I woke up, to sending me gorgeous flowers to my job. Dinner was great, and my presents were fun. I really can't share them with you because one will make him sound like a selfish bastard, and the other will make him sound like a pervert. But I love both presents, and we've had a fun week with them.

My Kitchen
Thank you for your help with the counter selection. I really would have picked the first granite if I didn't have your negative reactions! I think we're going with the second choice, as well as the backsplash. We also decided to change the floor while we're at it. Any suggestions for a great looking, dirt hiding floor? And decorator ub mom, I will keep in mind your cabinet comment. My sister has said the same thing to me before. Sometimes it takes me a while to make a change. (Hence the ugly counter tops for the past ten years!)

My Vacation
This week was school vacation, and it was a fabulous one. I worked out 4 out of the five days. I went to the new Institute of Contemporary Art with JRowe on Monday. I had time to myself throughout the week, and spent some good time with the boys. I'm super excited for the next two days.

Tomorrow, my friend Gina from Maine is coming down, I haven;t seen her since Joe died, and am so happy that we're going to spend a day together.

On Sunday I'm going to an all day writing workshop through a writing group in Boston. I'm going to have an entire day to write! What could be better? Oh, wait! I know the answer to that! On Sunday night the Academy Awards are on! Who do you think will win?

-b

5 comments:

E9 said...

Actor: DDL
Actress: CB
Picture: MC
Directing: TWBB

Anonymous said...

Ceramic tile hides a lot of dirt...and it comes in all price ranges.

Anonymous said...

Selfish Bastard? Pervert? My first response was: Oooh, sounds like fun! I can only assume they are very, very spicy little items! Enjoy! (And enjoy a man who will buy said spicy little items!)
;-)
Lurker Cathy

b said...

LOL Cathy! Thanks.

K, that's what I;m going with.

Brett, were you right?

Anonymous said...

I got Actor right, not the others. Daniel Day Lewis was the easy one though..that guy is good!

That's batting .250 in baseball and pretty good too!