Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Post Interrupted

I was starting to post a picture of option two for counters
I got this far

when I got a phone call from Brooklyn's pet walker
While Brooklyn was at playgroup in a park
some nutjob guy walked up to her with a metal bar
and started hitting her in the head!
he knocked her unconscious
and the dog walker rushed her to the pet ER
She has since woken up, but had convulsions
when she first came to
she has been there all afternoon
but will hopefully be coming home tonight
The nutjob is on the run,
but the police are looking for him.
Poor Brookie.

-b

p.s. what do you think of the counter?

p.p.s. I don't think either one are showing accurately on the blog.

p.p.p.s. I really love this one.

p.p.p.p.s. I may not be able to afford it now that I have to pay for the ER.

8 comments:

E9 said...

It appears better than the first one to me.

Sorry to hear about your dog. The world is a dangerous place.

Unknown said...

I like that countertop a lot... but would need to see a full view of the kitchen to make an accurate statement! i have a friend whom used poured concrete with a stain set for counters and it looks and functions awesome.

Sorry to hear about your pup... I'll I was thinking was what the f?

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

What in the world in wrong with people? I'm so sorry about your dog and I hope she will be okay. It is hard to tell about the counter since the pics rarely look the same as IRL. Go with your gut - which ever one you are drawn to when you first walk into the room.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Brookie is doing okay. I have to say that's an incredibly bizarre story. Who would do such a thing? She's sooooooo cute! :o)

I like the second tile much more. M

Anonymous said...

what?!??! omg. WHO would do that to your poor doggie??? i hope she is OK! how horrible!!!

i prefer the second counter option.

xo-ej

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of doggie play group...how cool, and how horrible that someone would beat on her like that! Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

I love the new countertop option...of course, it looks very close to what we have in our kitchen, so of course I'd like it! :) Our cabinets are similar in color to yours, and I think the new sample really picks up the color of your cabinets without being too "loud" in a smaller space.

Draya Ann said...

How could anyone hit that cutie!? How'd he like to get hit in the head with a metal stick. CRAZY!

Hope she gets better soon.

JAV said...

That story is crazy! I'm so sorry!

As for the counter - live with it for a little while and it will become clear to you. Because I believe this, I will be starting my kitchen demolition two months later than originally intended ;)

jav