Monday, January 21, 2008

Booked a Trip

T and I are going away for April vacation
We were supposed to go to Paris
but I decided to postpone that trip
It's so very expensive to travel to Europe right now
and the dollar just keeps getting weaker

It seemed crazy to spend so much on a trip that
isn't a honeymoon
and since we still aren't engaged
there's no honeymoon coming soon

I think I'm ok with the fact that
we aren't yet engaged
the most annoying part
is people wanting to discuss it
asking me why it hasn't happened yet

T is making sure that we are his future
and I am making sure that he is our future
we have slowed things down a bit
but I think that's a good thing
There's so much at stake

We are still in love
we still plan on a future together
but time will tell
I guess

Hopefully we will still be together
in April
otherwise I'll be looking for a travel companion
to stay here with me

Check out the bathroom
seriously, who needs Paris?
-b

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... I notice you "happened" to pick a place that was two blocks away from club supersex.

b said...

lol!

You're on to me!

Anonymous said...

That is a dream bathroom!!!
-Nic

Leslie said...

I hope that you and T break up and you decide to become a lesbain with me and we can stay there together.
;)

Anonymous said...

Charles and I have stayed there. No joke. It's awesome. It's also fairly close to a smoked meat sandwich place. I think it's called Sal's. It's awesome.

Ann said...

Dang! I was that bathroom was attached to our bedroom. As it is, we troop downstairs in the middle of the really cold night. Quebec City is our destination in late August. In fact we are plotting to spend as much summer as we can get away with in Canada to beat the Houston heat.

Engagement status is all about you two and what you both want. Just smile and shrug and when someone inquires.

Anonymous said...

Hi
The cookies looked great. Wish you brought a few samples tonite. Hope you got home and the dishes were not a problem. Hope your night is happy!!

Heather said...

That hotel is gorgeous. Enjoy your time! I'm awaiting the day when my husband and I can get away sans children and have a real honeymoon/vacation.

Unknown said...

Looks divine!