Thursday, March 22, 2007

Reason # Gazillion That T Is Great

I got home from an appointment today around 6:00. T had made the boys a delicious dinner that Joshua immediately began eating. Jacob however, said that he was too tired to eat, and that he wanted to go to bed. We reminded him that if he didn't eat dinner, he wouldn't get dessert, and he said he didn't care. It's always a red flag when Jacob doesn't want dessert.

Jacob then complained that his head hurt, and asked if he could please go to bed. I took him upstairs, and he didn't even want to change into pajamas. He went right to sleep. I came downstairs and found Joshua done with his dinner, and asking if he could go to sleep.

So at 6:10, we had both boys asleep! I went ahead and made us dinner, and we sat down to eat. Suddenly we heard some crying. T said he would go investigate. He called me within a few minutes. Poor Jacob had thrown up everywhere! T cleaned Jacob off, then stripped and changed the sheets while I got Jacob changed.

We tucked Jacob back into bed, and I told T that I'd better call in sick for work tomorrow. He responded, "Why? I have tomorrow off!"
"You really want to spend your day off with my sick kid?" I said looking at him in disbelief.
"Yes," was his reply.

He's the best. Really and truly. I am incredibly lucky. To not have to worry about taking off yet another day from school is huge. Plus, he's willing to hang out all day with a pukey kid. Now I need to go get the puke smelling clothes off my body. Night!

-b



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!!

I am so glad he is amazing and even more glad he is making your life easier/better when things like this pop up!

FYI I always take comforting the kid duty over puke clean up every time.

I hope both boys are healthy again super fast!!

M said...

THAT is GREAT! That definitely says a lot about how he feels about you and the boys... :o)

Hope J feels better soon.

Maisy said...

Wow! Methinks this boy is in love - with you and the boys.

I think this almost buys forgiveness for the lack of flowers, chocolates and sappy birthday calls on the actual day of your birthday??????

Ali - smiling for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that IS huge.

Poor Jacob. (Is Joshua showing any signs of it?) But that T is sure awesome. I'm so glad he came into your life.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Ummm, this post screams to me..KEEPER!

T is absolutely awesome.

Very impressive, and he must love all of you.

Anonymous said...

I agree with SM - KEEPER!

MamaMichelsBabies said...

I'm in agreement with Slacker Mom... what a sweetie!!!!!

I hope the boys are better soon, nothings is more exhausting then the worry of a sick kid, not to mention the work.

J.Rowe said...

I hope Jacob feels better and Josh doesn't get it. T is awesome... I think his actions say a lot about how he feels about all of you.

Anonymous said...

Okay - so T must be a boyfriend then?

And I agree with the rest, very nice!

b said...

Dawn, LOL! Yes, T is a boyfriend of almost one year.

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

This guy is DEFINITELY a keeper - he passed the puke test!!

(I know how your little guy felt - I am just recovering from a bout with the same bug. I have not felt that bad in years.)

Alicia said...

KEEPER!