Thursday, March 15, 2007

Answers to questions

qk said...

How is your class doing? You are 2/3 through the school year and I've wondered if things have gotten better for you.

School is going better. Either the class has chilled out a bit, or I've just adjusted to the craziness. I can't say I'll be sad when this school year is over, but they have grown on me. Here is a story that illustrates the class that I have this year:

Yesterday I had an IEP meeting for a girl in my class who has been struggling all year. Her dad announces in the meeting, that he's not worried about his daughter. "She's never going to be a good student, but she's a pretty girl, and she'll either become a model, or will marry a man who will take care of her."

Now I like this dad, but if these are your expectations for your child, then why would she ever achieve more than that? Argh! So frustrating. And I have an entire class like this!

It's Pi Day!! Did you celebrate? ;-)

I did not celebrate, but I did enjoy the idea of such an obscure holiday. What's next?


How are the boys settling in to their separate day time routines? Are they enjoying having their time away from each other, and appreciating their time together more? (LOL we can always dream right?)

They would prefer to be together all the time. They are truly best friends. But they are both adjusting to their days apart. Jacob likes school, and Josh likes not fighting for toys.
Anonymous said...

I want to know if you've eaten at your favorite restaurant by school again since they overcharged you.

Guilty as charged. *Head hanging low*

I tried to stay away. I really did. But I crave those freaking quesadillas! I went back two weeks after the incident. And then went back the next week, and the next week. *sigh*

Also do you think there will be wedding bells for you and T?

Yes. I do. HOLY CRAP!
Jennifer said....
So, if you would like, you could kind of do a "looking back on what the medium said would happen in the future" type thing. I think that would be pretty cool...was she right? Wrong? Still holding out hope?

That is a great idea, but should be a post all by itself. I will do that tomorrow.

Nick said...

What about some pictures, maybe of the city, for those of us too poor to travel there :) Or maybe a little politics, your thoughts on NCLB since it's coming up for renewal.

Pics will come soon. Politics is a good idea. My thoughts on NCLB? Do you really have to ask?! I hate NCLB with such a passion that it has made me question the idea of continuing teaching.


How about introducing us to some of your favorite bloggers, for those of us who don't know each other?

Excellent idea. I will save this for a new post as well.


Oh, I know a good one! How about a post on how you and T are planning to go to the Garrison Starr/Amy Correia concert this Sunday???

I knew there was something I was forgetting about this weekend! Darnnit!

Thanks for your help! Let me know if you have any further questions. This was easy. But is it interesting?

11 comments:

J.Rowe said...

I know the exact child and parent you are talking about. He said the same thing to me when she was in K. Funny 4 years later and he's singing the same tune. I feel bad for her in some ways.

Good post...I liked the format. I especially like the wedding bells part. I'm so thrilled for you.

Anonymous said...

God help that girl!!! Rolling eyes here. Does her father appear in those Gieco Cave Man commercials? I think I have seen him in the airport.

You forgot to mention the fabulous creme brulee with the enormous span of carmelized encrusted sugar!! LOL How genius is it to put creme brulee' in a soup bowl?!?! OK, OK I'll stop already. But the mini Whoopie Pies were awesome as well.

Maisy said...

I love reading all this. I'd been wondering about your class too. I guess the 'beautiful' little girl is not allowed to ride a bike or swing on swings etc for fear of injury which may prevent modelling or rich wifehood as a career? I guess she's inherited her father's intelligence - please don't tell me he married someone rich!!!

Ali

Sandy. said...

Yes, it was interesting.

A bit random and covered a lot of bases, but all worthwhile.

Wedding bells in the future? Awwww. That is so cool. Really.

Sandy.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Now I wish I could have thought up a question....

Wedding bells!! Awesome! That makes me smile.

b said...

Wait! I don't know that there will be wedding bells, there hasn't been a proposal or anything. But if I had to bet if there will be or not, I will say yes, there will be. (Now go knock on some wood! All of you!)

Dial-Up Princess said...

It was an interesting exercise...:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, very interesting!! (But I rarely find your blog boring...that's the honest truth.)

I will also be surprised if there are not wedding bells for you and T. I've already been thinking about it too ('cause you know I'd love to be there, hint hint!).

Anonymous said...

Who is Garrison Starr/Amy Correia?

Nick said...

Two of the hottest chicks you never laid eyes on... :)

http://iamdum.blogspot.com/2007/02/artists-of-week.html

Mrs. G.F. said...

I already knocked. ;)

I am just happy that you are THAT happy in the relationship. How cool.