Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Jacob Wants Girl Underwear...should I be worried? :O)

Jacob's friends are all becoming potty trained. Jacob couldn't care less about such things. He does love his potty though. He carries it with him throughout the house, and stands on it to reach things he isn't supposed to be reaching.

Melanie's daughter, Rebecca, is now potty trained and tells everyone she sees that she is wearing big girl underwear. (she calls them underpants, but that's my least favorite word in the english language, so I'll call them underwear) Last night I was changing Jacob's diaper, and we had the following conversation:

Jacob: I want to wear big girl underwear.

Me: You mean you want to wear big boy underwear?

Jacob: No, big girl underwear!

Me: Like Becca?

Jacob: Yes.

Me: How about big boy underwear like Ryan?

Jacob: NO, big Girl underwear!!!!

hmmm. Would it be very damaging to him if I let him?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This conversation still makes me laugh every time I read it! Jacob will definitely be okay. We just won't let him wear pink on the outside!

b said...

Andre also laughed pretty hard at this story, and "blamed" me for letting him play with tampons. Oh, the therapy Jacob will need later! "My mom let me play with tampons, and wear girl underwear!"

Anonymous said...

you can blame me for the pink pajamas! -m