Monday, November 21, 2005

Group Tonight

Thank god for Monday night group. The best thing I could have done after Joe died was join this amazing group of women. They inspire me, comfort me, laugh with (and at) me, and love me unconditionally. I can share with them the ups and downs of my daily life, and they always act like they want to hear more. I'm not sure I could have made it through this past year without them.

Our poor waiters have no idea what to do with us. Sometimes they walk by and we are laughing so hard, tears are rolling down our cheeks. Sometimes they walk by and we are crying so hard, tears are rolling down our cheeks. They may hear us talking about dating, or sex, (or lack thereof) or about watching our husbands die in front of our eyes. Typically, all of these subjects are touched upon at some point during the night.

I have no doubt that our husbands are all together watching us on Monday nights, drinks and cigars in hand, so pleased with themselves for getting us together. Thanks guys. We miss you beyond words, but are so thankful you helped us find one another.

-B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tears -m