Sunday, November 27, 2005

Give Me A K!

This is the beginning of the cheer Patrick and I came up with on our ride home from the regional cheerleading competition today in Rhode Island. Please, somebody tell me if I ever become a cheerleading mom. You know the type, obnoxiously loud when her daughter's team is up. Carrying around bizarre cheer paraphernalia that only others in the stands can see. Clearly trying to live vicariously through her daughter. We saw many, many of these today. But we also saw some great cheers that have inspired us to create our own. It will be the cheer of all cheers, and all of my loyal readers (Hi Jenn, Melanie and Nikki) can view this cheer in it's entirety in June. I had a fun day and am looking forward to our future plan to view the direct to video classic, "Bring it on 2." Patrick, make sure "you bring it!"

In other news, Thanksgiving was better than I had anticipated. I have found over the past year that this is often the case. The anticipation of a particular date is often way harder for me than the actual date. Thank you Nikki for talking to me on Wednesday when I was just so sad missing Joe. I appreciate that you let me be sad, and don't try to make me feel better. That's what I need at times.

Also, a really cool thing happened yesterday. We (boys, boyfriend and myself) were driving to the museum together. Nice day out. Jacob suddenly demands, "Mommy, make it snow now." I said, "Honey, I have no control over the weather, and it's too warm for snow." As soon as that was out of my mouth, what happens? Snow. Not just one snowflake, but lots of snow. Tell me Joe didn't have something to do with that!

Hmmm, this was an incredibly random blog entry, but I haven't had time over the past few days to post, and I wanted to share all of this.

-B

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, an incredibly random blog entry. Yet, it sounds amazingly like many of my favorite conversations. :o) Can't wait? to see the cheer. :o)m

Anonymous said...

thanks for a fun day B.
-Patrick

Anonymous said...

You know that Joe made it snow....
Remember the penguins....