Saturday, September 08, 2007

Why We Will Never Be The Brady Bunch
(or any other happily blended family that never seem to remember that there was another parent at one point)

So T decided to have a "talk" with the boys about the idea of him marrying me and becoming their father on the ground (as opposed to their father in the sky.)

No, we are NOT yet engaged, but it's coming. It's really coming!

Anyways, T sat the boys down on the couch and told them that he wants to become their father. He asked them if that was OK with them.

Josh jumped up, ran over to hug T and said, "Yes! You can be my daddy, you can be my daddy!"

Jacob got a smile on his face. We asked him if it was OK with him.

"No," he replied. "But you can be my corn daddy."

"Your corn daddy?" we asked. "What is that?"

"A corn daddy is someone who eats corn, and poops out corn babies!"

hmmm. I assured T that this is Jacob's way of processing the news, but really, how does he come up with such responses?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one of the things we love about Jacob - his unique response to any situation! :o)

J.Rowe said...

It cracks me up every time I hear the story. MK is still laughing about it. He's such a character!

Anonymous said...

intriguing. totally intriguing. I assume T likes corn?

Maisy said...

Evidence of you doing a great job of raising your boys as individuals B - cos this is surely a great example of a very individualised response!

Gotta love it!

Ali

Anonymous said...

Ah, what a sweetie!!! Glad to hear that Jacob doesn't confuse corn with sugar. :o

I have a similar story of my own to share...not about corn though! Will do it offline.

b said...

are you engaged????!!!!! email me or call me asap!

Anonymous said...

I e-mailed you...

;)

JAV said...

Oh my God that corn comment is HI-LAR-I-OUS. As to your title, remember, the Brady Bunch was not as happy as they seemed on the surface. Don't forget that Greg was sleeping with step mommy off camera and as it turns out, Mr. Brady was probably more interested in Sam the butcher than his bizarrely coiffed second wife.

b said...

lol!!!!

4texans said...

Jacob's response cracks me up! I am so excited for you and T, you have come along way. I admire you.