Sunday, September 09, 2007

Girl's Night Out

Last night I took part in a fabulous girl's night out. It took place at JRowe's house, and was filled with friends, wine, food, and gossip. What could be better? This morning I had a cool realization. The whole night we never once talked about our kids, yet we were all moms. I love that a group of moms could hang out all night and find topics other than our kids to talk about. Thanks, Jenn!

As an aside, a gigantic congratulations to K from Texas. She got engaged this weekend! K is a fellow widow who also lost her husband while pregnant. I was lucky enough to meet her in person two years ago, and have been even luckier to have her still in my life, and have been able to visit with her three times since our first meeting. K, I am beyond ecstatic for you. You deserve this happiness, and I can't wait to meet Mr. Wonderful. BTW, they just bought a new house together, and she now has to sell her amazing dream house in Austin. Any readers looking to buy?

-b

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great girls night everyone! :o)

Congrats K! I'm very happy for you. :o)M

Erin said...

Hi B,
It's me Erin. Just checking in on you!

It sounds like you had a wonderful girl's night out. Isn't it nice to be an adult every once in awhile?

Congrats to K!

J.Rowe said...

Congratulations to K!! I was so hung over Sunday.

b said...

Erin, Nice to hear from you! I miss your blog. Check in again soon, ok?

Jenn, thanks again for last Saturday. I wasn't hungover, but only b/c I was soooo sick saturday night!