Tuesday, June 19, 2007

With Summer Here, How Shall I spend My Time?

With school ending tomorrow at 12:05 pm, you may be wondering what my summer plans are. Be prepared to be jealous. Yes, you just might actually feel a twang of jealousy when you read what I have in store for myself.

The boys are going to be attending day camp. I know, I know, they are a little young for day camp. But It's part of their preschool. It's cheaper for me to send them to the year round program, instead of the school year program. So since I'm paying for them to go during the summer, they will be going during the summer.

They will be gone from 8-4 Monday-Friday. I know. You're feeling a little jealous, aren't you? Now before you accuse me of being a bad mom, the boys are going to love camp. They have swimming lessons every day, nature, music, art, etc. They will be with friends, and will be getting exercise. It's good for them.

As for me, I am beyond excited to have 8 weeks of days to myself. The preschool is at a local JCC, so after I drop the boys off, I am going to work out at the gym. I've even scheduled 4 personal training sessions to get me started. (The 4 sessions are free)

Once I get home from the gym, I will shower, straighten up the house, and write. I will hopefully get in an hour or two of writing a day.

After I pick the boys up, we'll play with our neighborhood friends, takes baths, have dinner, and take our nightly walk with the dog.

This is my plan. I know. You're jealous. It's OK. :O)

-b

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually considering that I won't be able to speak to you once they start camp. It may even last until camp ends...

Anonymous said...

That sounds great! You deserve some time to yourself. Enjoy every minute!

Anonymous said...

I love it for you, but I hate you a little bit! ;-) Can we count on a daily post from you at least?!?!

I know the boys will LOVE camp and you should enjoy your alone time!

Alicia said...

Nope. No jealousy.

I reserve that for people who have something I don't think they deserve, or that I think I should have instead of them.

No jealousy.

Besides, my days look like this:

- Walk with my mom and my boys.
- Do the crossword with my mom.
- Some expedition for the day.
- Go to my mom's pool with the boys.
- Eat dinner.
- Drink margaritas.
- Go to my sister's pool with the boys.
- Eat watermelon.
- Drink wine.
- Go to sleep.
- Drink wine.

b said...

nice, Pentha!

Anonymous said...

happier for you than jealous!

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely jealous, but happy for you too!

Aunt Boo said...

It sounds great. Enjoy it! I am a bit jealous but nothing I won't get over in good time.

Besides, I'll be in Vegas this weekend so I will save the jealous stuff for when I get back.

Amanda

J.Rowe said...

I've very happy for you! I'm free Wednesday and Thursdays...let's try to do lunch or meet up. Does camp start next week?

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

I'm totally jealous! And don't feel like you have to justify why they are going to camp...it will be great for them and for you. You had a very tough year and deserve to have some you time.

b said...

Thanks guys! Amanda, have a great time in Vegas! Jenn, camp starts on Monday, so I'm free next wednesday and thursday :O)

There's a movie coming out that I really want to see. Maybe a matinee?