Sunday, June 03, 2007

A Very Busy, Yet very Wonderful Weekend

My graduation dinner was perfect. The food was unbelievable, the never ending wine was delicious, and the company was superb. I really felt blessed sitting at the table with a group of people who really helped me get through grad school. Each person at that table was responsible in some way for me completing my degree. They either gave me money to pay for classes, offered babysitting so I could go to classes, offered emotional support and encouragement, or all of the above. I am eternally grateful to all who who there, as well as to a few (like my sister) who could not make it.
Here is a picture:
Mel, her husband, my brother, my sister-in-law, my parents, Joe's cousin, T, and me

Today we packed up T's apartment! He's really moving in! I couldn't be any happier about it. Once all the boxes were packed, we danced to a u2 song playing on T's ipod speakers. It was a perfect moment.

T in his packed up apartment. So so cute.
-b

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you! You deserve every minute of last night - especially the toasts that were offered in your honor. You are everything that everyone said, and more... Love you, Mel :o)

(Although I have to say, I would have enjoyed a good "roast" too. :o)

Anonymous said...

Yay! SO wonderful that you got to celebrate with your closest peeps.

And I've thought about you this weekend, knowing that T was moving in!

Can you believe it's already been 2 years since our weekend in Maine? Crazy.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I forgot to ask - where's the picture of your cappucino? :o)

b said...

I was gonna publish that pic, but it didn't come out so great. :O(

Kel,
I can't believe it was 2 years ago! I really can't.

Anonymous said...

I was telling Eric about Maine this morning....he took me to his favorite little hole-in-the-wall breakfast place, and it totally reminded me of the Maine Diner (well, except that it was in small town Texas, tee hee!).

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a fabulous weekend! Which U2 song did you dance to?

ej

b said...

so cheesy...All I want is you

Anonymous said...

not cheesy... sweet. love that song.

ej

Mrs. G.F. said...

Awesome.

Congrats on your degree..that looked like a wonderful way to celebrate.

Moving in...how cool. So many changes.

I wish you all the best!
SM

4texans said...

yay! You and T are such a cute couple!

J.Rowe said...

So many good things to come...just the start! I'm so happy for you.