Sunday, June 10, 2007

Busy!


Sorry for the lack of posts. I've been busier than ever, and haven't been on the computer for days! (*Gasp!*) What have I been doing? Well, for one, I've been trying to spend quality time at night with T, sans computer. Being a computer addict, this is a hard task. But last night I sat down and watched an entire movie without checking my email, or this bog, or a website that I spend way too much time on.

It helped that the movie was in Spanish, and so I had to read the subtitles to know what was going on. (It always amazes me how much prettier other languages sound. English sounds so crass, and Spanish was just so beautiful to listen to.) It also helped that the movie was beyond amazing. It was called, "Pan's Labyrinths," and if you haven't seen it, you must! It made my top ten list. JRowe, and MK, you two in particular would love it, I think.

We've also been painting the basement. T moves in next weekend, and all of his stuff is going down there. We're making it into a guest suite, which will be nice when either of our families come to visit. It's been a while since I painted, and I'm not very good at it, but we've been having a ton of fun working on it together. Last night T told me that while he was painting he was thinking about how lucky he was to have me in his life. I asked him why, and he gave me about 7 reasons, one of which was that we work so well together. And it's true. We are are a really good team.

I've also been working on my memoir. I got some amazing feedback from my writer's group. I can't wait to go back on Wednesday. I have something school related every night this week, plus Jacob turns four on Thursday.

I'll try to post when I get a chance. But it may be a few days. Miss you all!

-b

6 comments:

Mrs. G.F. said...

I love reading your blog, and seeing how happy you are.

Good for you and the memoir, I know it's going to be great.

:)

4texans said...

Oh, I loved Pan's Labrynth, it was so good. It is one of the few we've seen at the movie theater.

Anonymous said...

busy = good!! i really want to see pan's labyrinth. maybe i should send back the netflix that's been sitting here for 3 months unwatched (walk the line - we're never goign to watch it) and bump PL up on the queue. sounds like you're headed for a great week! happy early birthday to jacob!

ej

Anonymous said...

Who could argu with those priorities?

Not I!

All good things come to those who wait.

hugs,
in_the_clover
xoxo

Nick said...

A memoir huh? That would be fun, but I'm not sure the statute of limitations has run out yet on some of the things I've done LOL

Aunt Boo said...

I found your blog through Ms. McFearsome and I went back and read quite a few entries. You sound like an exceptional lady.