Sunday, January 28, 2007

Saying Goodbye
(part two)

We never had
a good relationship
due to the fact
that he was
a shitty father
and a shitty
grandfather
he was
and is
a cheap bastard
who never gave
any of us
a dime
He can talk
and talk
and talk
for hours
about the most boring topics
known to man
He always asked me the
same questions
over
and
over
and
over
clearly never
paying attention
to the answers I provided
At times
I have hated him
I never thought I
would miss him
So why did I cry
as I said
goodbye?


-b

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for you loss. I want to believe you cried because he was the father of a wonderful man.

Leslie said...

I think you cried because he was Joe's dad and Joe isn't here to cry. NO matter what an asshole he is he's still Joe's dad so that makes you sad and that's totally understandable.
What's really sad is that he missed out on being a good grandfather to your beautiful boys.

Maisy said...

Maybe because there's no chance for him to change anymore? While there's life there's always the hope that he'd find a different way of relating to those who could bring him so much joy.

Ali

J.Rowe said...

It's good you went.

M said...

I agree with Leslie, and Rebecca too. :o)

ramblingmuse said...

Whatever you thought of him, he was still a soul you had a relationship with.

It's hard, but I agree. It's good you went.

*hugs*

Mrs. G.F. said...

:(

sigh

Anonymous said...

I think you cried because you are saying good-bye to another piece of Joe...so unfair. I am so sorry you are going through this, but you are a strong woman and you have the best peices of Joe in your heart and giving you kisses and hugs everyday with those sweet faces.

Anonymous said...

"annonymous" is Bernie

Anonymous said...

He was a part of your husband Joe and a part of your boys. I admire you for going.

Anonymous said...

He was a part of your husband Joe and a part of your boys. I admire you for going.