Thursday, January 11, 2007

Poor T

He wanted to make the two of us
a romantic dinner tonight
he searched the internet
for a recipe

went to my favorite
produce store
to buy the freshest
ingredients

bought a nice bottle of wine

came home
and started cooking

the appetizers were
delicious

warm Brie
roasted garlic
fresh bread
crackers
and crabcakes

the salad with balsamic vinagrette
was perfect

but the pasta
with porcini mushrooms
sauteed with fresh tomato
white wine
and olive oil
was inedible

In fact
I spit it out
I couldn't even fake it

T was just a tad bit hurt
-b
(it's not too late to delurk)

6 comments:

Erin said...

Awww... at least he tried!

J.Rowe said...

Reminds me of when MK made me parsley pasta...it was the worst pasta I ever tasted. To this day I don't know what he was trying to make. It happens...sorry T. The rest sounds like a home run!

Anonymous said...

lurklurk lurklurk lurklurk

allison said...

Wow anonymous -- aren't you creative?

Anyway, sorry about the pasta. Whattaguy though for going to all that trouble!!! That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

I love that he put so much effort into it! What a wonderful guy. Anyway, consider this an official delurk! Love you and see you soon...

Anonymous said...

wow. i love the site.
_____________________________
http://www.austinshakespeare.org/Season/