Monday, October 08, 2007

Pictures From Syracuse
(We had an amazing weekend)


On Satuday morning, T, the boys and I went hiking. Yes, hiking! And until the end, when both boys wanted to be carried, we had an absolutely perfect time. Above is the entrance to our trail. Below are the 3 boys hiking together. Notice the walking sticks.
This was the view at the end of our trail. Pretty, isn't it?

I can't figure out how to turn this picture around. But it's the four of us in the parking lot. Decent picture, if only it wasn't sideways.



On Sunday we drove to an apple festival. On the way there we stopped at a fish hatchery. Strangely enough, the boys loved it, and would have spent the whole day there if given the chance. here they are with T's parents.

Below is a picture of Josh on a pony ride at the apple festival. He held a firm grasp on me the whole time, but by the end he was smiling.

Here are the boys
Tired boys (T's sister is in the background)

a cake T's mom made for dessert

-b

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome! I love the pictures and I'm so happy you had such a great time. :o)M

Anonymous said...

love the pics, glad you had a blast

Mrs. G.F. said...

Looks like such a great time. I am so happy to see you all as a family. Going places with 2 adults and 2 children, it's truly beautiful, and your boys have gotten SO big!!!!

Mrs. G.F. said...

ps. when my pics come out sideways, I have cropped them and then for some reason when I do, they turn right side up.

Becca said...

It all looks so wonderful! The northeast is so pretty in the fall. And the cake made me smile.

J.Rowe said...

A picture perfect weekend, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the trip. The foliage must have been great on the way out and back.

Anonymous said...

A dear friend directed me towards your blog (she knows you from UB). I'm so glad to have found it. My husband died just over a month ago, and I crave stories of women who are getting through life and discovering joy again. It's not something I can imagine right now, but it gives me hope to know it's a possibility in the future. So thank you.

b said...

django,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you found me too! If you read through it at all you will see that even after 3 and a half years I have my moments of intense sadness. But for the most part, I'm in a really good place. I'm not sure if you've been to the young widow bulletin board yet (ywbb.org) If not, you should check it out. It has it's downsides (lots of drama) but it's full of support.

So glad you left a comment.

Take care,
b

Dial-Up Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.