Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Things that make you go hmmm...

  • Today Jacob announced that when he gets older he wants to wear underwear like mine.
  • There is a new reality tv show about brothers named Jacob and Joshua. They are gay rock singers trying to break into the business. Don't believe me? Check this out.
  • I went to a Thanksgiving Day feast at Jacob's preschool yesterday. A mom that I had just met told me that every time she brings her daughter into the classroom, she notices Jacob sitting by himself looking sad. She wanted to know if anything was going on at home. "Well," I responded, "His dad died." That shut her up.
  • This Thursday will be my third Thanksgiving without Joe. That seems so unbelievable to me. He was just here, wasn't he?
  • My bottom left tooth hurts every time I eat something the least bit sweet. Does that mean I have a cavity?
  • Brooklyn continues to bark every timeT and I have "alone time." WTF is up with that? T tells me to tune it out, but that's just not possible for me. It's the same as one of my kids crying. Hard to feel aroused while such things are going on.
  • There is a small outbreak of lice at my school. By small I mean contained to one class. By contained to one class I mean contained to my class. I had the nurse check my head today, but despite her assurance that my head was nitfree, I can't stop scratching my head.
  • I think this Thanksgiving will be a good one. I really do....
  • Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
-b


8 comments:

M said...

I think you definitely have a cavity. Call your uncle. Maybe lice too - who knows! JK :o)

I hope that this Thanksgiving is everything you deserve - and that's a lot! Enjoy every minute.

P.S. Jacob and Josh are fantastic even if they want to wear women's underwear! Maybe Becca and Haley will share. :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, B.

Anonymous said...

For the record we also have a few cases of lice in our classroom.

Dial-Up Princess said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

the scratching is psychological, the tooth may be a recession, touche nosy preschool mom.
Have a good holiday Bets!

J.Rowe said...

Yuck about the lice, I would be itching away too.

Good for you with that mom. How rude!

I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving...enjoy your family.

ramblingmuse said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Chica!

4texans said...

Yikes about the lice, hope it clears from your class soon. Hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving!