Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Random Notes

  • When I told T that I was joining weight watchers, he looked me in the eyes, and said, "Why?" And he didn't start laughing, he meant it. He's too sweet.
  • Weight watchers/exercising is going well so far. Have stuck to the program, and worked out 2 out of the past three days. Fingers crossed that I stick with it.
  • T bought the boys books at Barnes & Noble the other day. He bought them Clifford and Where the Wild Things Are. The past two nights Jacob has requested Clifford, while Josh has asked to read Where the Wild things are, in his crib. While I've read to Jacob, Josh has been reading to himself in his crib. It's the cutest thing to witness. He reads each page with voices of monsters. The words are all about being monsters, not what the real words are, but he's reading! I have to catch it on video. And his little voice making the noises is priceless.
  • Yesterday was a very long day of meetings to discuss issues with my class. We made up a plan that will hopefully help things. Today was actually my best day yet with my class. The best way to describe my class is with the title of my blog. I am always on Relaxed Alert with them. I can never let my guard down. But they are neat bunch of kids and I'm hoping we can have a great year together.
  • I can't believe that next week is Thanksgiving! And I'm hosting everyone here. And it will be our third Thanksgiving without Joe. (Holy crap, that's crazy!) Next entry I'll post the menu.
  • Last but not least, tomorrow is the one year anniversary of this blog. Thank you to all of you who read daily, weekly, monthly, or just every once in a while. You have all helped me through some miserable times, and I can't imagine my life without you in it. If you have never identified yourself, I would love for you to say a quick hello. C'mon, it's my blogiversary!
Love you all,
b

23 comments:

Maisy said...

Love ya right back - that's why you're part of my daily routine!

It's a privilege to share in your life.

Ali

4texans said...

Happy blogiversary!
Katherine

Alicia said...

Happy blogiversary!

Your blog was one of my inspirations to start my own. Thank you.

And I did match you the other day: 30 minutes on the ellipticizer.

J.Rowe said...

So many good things happening! Congratulations on a year of Blogging. It's one of my favorite reason to go on the computer: )

Anonymous said...

Happy one year - from a regular reader.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!

It's been great reading and knowing you.

:)

Dial-Up Princess said...

Hello...Hello...Happy Blogiversary!!!

Sandy. said...

Always gotta get my daily dose of B.

Happy Blogiversary!

And lots of happy tomorrows,
Sandy.

Suzann said...

Happy Bogiversary B - yesterday was 2 years since losing my husband - I am a regular reader at Pentha's blog - I want to link to your blog. Bless you B -

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to say that I am an avid reader of the blog and I thought it was time for me to give a shout out to Betsy, especially on the blogiversary!!! Thanks for sharing!
Jill

Anonymous said...

There's only one book better than Clifford the Big Red Dog and that's Are You My Mother.

Oh and by the way I agree with T. Why???

Andrea said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!

Anonymous said...

I am more of a reader than a commenter...but you wanted it!

HAPPY HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY TO YOU!

(wishing you many more to come)

Erin said...

I agree! Happy Blogiversary!

Nick said...

Hi. My name is... Slim Shady.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a happy blogiversary.
Do I have to get you a present or something?

Anonymous said...

You KNOW I'm here. Happy blogiversary!

T is awesome in sooooo many ways....

And I love the story about Josh reading! That's the best.

Fun post!

((( MK ))) said...

Happy "anniversary," B!

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy - I love reading your blog! Congrats on a fascinating first year.

(your sister's friend)
Molly

wermit said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! I am a loyal lurker with a ton of respect for you!

I can't thank you enough for writing!

Anonymous said...

I have felt honored to be able to read your blog and get to meet you this past year!

I am so glad that T is making you and the boys so happy!

Much thanks to my friend K in texas for introducing you to me!

Happy Blogiversary!!

ramblingmuse said...

Happy Anniversary, Chica! You've sure come a long way since I first stumbled across your blog!

Here's to many, many more posts! :-)

allison said...

I love reading your abstract poetry, b. I reminds me that once upon a time I wanted to be a writer. Then I discovered that writers are poor and I needed to make some money. LOL...

Keep up with the WW -- I am dieting/exercising too now, and this year I'm not using the old 'but it's the holidays' excuse. I'm losing weight slowly, and I'm still going to pig out on the actual holidays, just not every other day from now until January 1st (which is what I did last year!)