Saturday, April 26, 2008

Montreal Moments

T and I walked through a beautiful park designed by the same man who designed Central Park, and The Public Gardens in Boston. It was beautiful, but we kept walking uphill higher and higher, and then we had to climb one billion stairs. But at the end we had the whole city behind us. I asked some poor girl who was huffing and puffing to take our picture. I'm glad she agreed.


On Sundays, in this particular park, drummers gather together and drum for hours. All types of people congregate to listen and dance. Watching this was my favorite moment of the whole trip.

Wherever we go, T buys me beaver pens. It's an inside joke, but if you know it, hopefully you're laughing. He bought me two, just in case I break the first one. :O)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olmsted designed Elm Park here too :)

b said...

I did not now that. Wait, is that the park you helped restore?

E9 said...

yes.

http://www.cowc.org/worcester_the_region/attractions?placeid=2634

there are better links than this, i just didnt have the time to look.. :)

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

Glad you had a good trip!

Anonymous said...

Okay..so I am delurking...BUT....you are too hung up on getting married and he obvioulsy does not want to get married...trust me...I have been in your shoes....either be happy with what it is or move on..he totally knows how to play you... sorry..I feel for you because it is the worst feeling in the world...being alone....again. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

*obviously ( spelling correction)

b said...

Dear Anonymous,

The thing is, you didn't delurk! To delurk you need to tell me who you are. I'd love for you to do that.

I disagree with you though. I do think we'll end up getting married. I may seem hung up on it, but I think that's natural for someone in my position. I am happy with the way things are, but for my childrens' sake I would prefer for us to be married.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, I'm with b, I disagree with you entirely!!!!!!! You clearly don't know anything about this situation. What is obvious is that T adores B. It sounds like you've had some sucky things happen to you. Perhaps that's why you are so negative.
M

Jen said...

Olmsted and Vaux also designed Prospect Park in Brooklyn.

I cannot even comment on Anon's comment. Whoa...

b said...

Jen,
I love that park. My sister used to live right by it, and we'd take great walks through it. Thanks for sharing.

I tried to check out your blog, but I wasn't allowed in. Let me know if I can see it, or if it's just for family.

thanks,
b