Thursday, April 24, 2008

Conversation With T on Tuesday Morning During Breakfast
(Montreal has amazing food, btw)

T: What's wrong?
B: Nothing. (sulking. anyone who knows me knows that I can't hide my feelings for a second.)
T: Clearly something is wrong. May as well tell me.
B: No. It will only get me in trouble.
T: Just spill it.
B: I just....I just had an expectation for this week, and I'm realizing that it's not going to happen, and I'm feeling sad.
T: What were you expecting?
B: What do you think I was expecting?
T: I don't know. A ring?
B: Yep.
T: I'm sorry. I hate that you're disappointed.
B: Well, I'm not going to be the only disappointed one. EVERYONE thought we would get engaged this week.
T: Everyone?
B: Yes, everyone.
T: Who exactly, is everyone?
B: My family, my friends, my coworkers, my widow group, my blog readers...
T: Your blog readers?
B: Yes, my blog readers. They thought you would propose this week too.
T: And you know this because...
B: They are smart! And any smart person with a brain knew that this was the week you were supposed to propose! And now I have to go back and tell everyone that you didn't, and I feel so stupid.
T: Would it help if I told you that there is a plan?
B: (sniffing) Is there a plan?
T: Yes. It doesn't involve Montreal, but there is a plan, and there has been for a while.
B: OK, that helps.
T: Be sure to pass that on to everyone, so no one else is disappointed.
B: OK. It will help, but they're all still gonna be mad at you, you know.
T: I can't win, can I?
B: Not until you propose. Then you will win.

-b

p.s. the rest of the week was amazing. Many things to share, but guess who stayed at our hotel? The Boston Bruins! Sadly they lost, and Montreal went nuts, but they stayed in our hotel! I evn got pictures taken with them. Unfortunately, I couldn't identify a single one, but it was cool nonetheless.

8 comments:

E9 said...

So let me get this straight...T can't "win" until you "win"?

That's a load of it, if I ever heard one.

Exercise some patience and self-control like the woman you are :)

You know I'm kidding right? but seriously..

Anonymous said...

Okay, I love that you told T about your smart blog readers! ;)

I had a VERY strong sense last night that you'd gotten engaged. Dang, I hate being wrong!!

But, TG the guy has a plan. Doesn't he know your THOUSANDS of blog readers are getting impatient??

Post more about Montreal when you have time. Love ya girlfriend!

(And, FWIW, I can't hide anything either from Eric...really sucks sometimes!)

J.Rowe said...

Post some pictures of your trip. I'm glad you guys had a good time. I didn't think this was the week. It'll happen when you are least expecting it.

Anonymous said...

For the record, this widow group gal would have been completely surprised if you had gotten engaged in Montreal. Didn't really cross my mind as an option. Sorry.
And sorry you were disappointed. I am glad that you shared your thoughts with T so he could at least reassure him.

I know you know this but don't be too 'high school' about this milestone. It is a big one. A really big one. Doesn't matter what others think. When you are alone together, it is just the 2 of you--don't let others thoughts become your own. This is a special guy who needs to do things in his own way. He loves you. That seems to be a given. Bask in that thought.

L,

Alicia said...

The one thing that surprises me is that T had to be told your blog readers were waiting... Doesn't he read your blog?

b said...

alicia,
no, he is not allowed to read it.

Roz,
I really like your comment. Thank you. You missed our last widow's group. Had you been there, you may have been expecting a ring.

Jenn,
I will post pics tonight.

Kelly,
I wish your feeling was right

Brett,
Yes, everyone wins if he proposes. He wins me! I'm a prize, you know. lol.

Anonymous said...

You know what I found totally cool about the exchange between you and T is that it took place at all. Not a lot of couples can voice their needs and wants and have rational, unjudged conversations about it that lead to mutual understanding rather than pent up resentments. That is just so neat.

I am in the camp of didn't expect the ring. Not surprised that the man has a plan. Is he an earth sign?

b said...

Annie, his birthday is in mid March. Not sure what kind of sign that makes him. A stubborn sign for sure.