Tuesday, April 01, 2008

5 Things...

I was tagged by another favorite blogger over at Wisconsin mommy for a five things meme Interestingly, she and I have an awful lot in common. Be sure to check out her blog.

First, the rules:
1. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and to ask them to play along and to read your blog.

What I was doing 10 years ago - 1998
1. Preparing to get married! Yes, this June would have been my 10 year anniversary. I was a young bride.
2. Finishing my first year of teaching. I started out teaching kindergarten, and have moved my way up to third grade.
3. Waking up every morning at 5 to get to step aerobics to get in shape for my wedding.
4. Getting a new kitten.
5. Living a pretty carefree life.

Five things on my to-do list today
1. Fold laundry (always have this on my to-do list)
2. Watch American Idol
3. Bake with the boys
4. Buy Melanie a birthday present (happy birthday, Mel!)
5. Work on chapter 11 of my book.

Snacks I enjoy
1. Cut up fruit
2. Freshly baked cookies
3. Ice cream
4. Nachos
5. Cereal

Things I would do if I were a billionaire
1. Buy a very large house with staff
2. Quit my job and write full time
3. Buy a vacation house on the beach
4. Donate to charities I care about
5. Travel regularly

Five of my bad habits
1. I am messy
2. I am on the computer way too often
3. I leave laundry in the washing machine for days at a time
4. I eat junk food
5. I watch the crappiest tv ever made

Five places I have lived
1. Newton, MA
2. Natick, MA
3. Boston, MA
4. Cambridge, MA
5. Where I live now, MA
There is something very sad about this list.....

Five jobs I've had
1. Teacher
2. Camp counselor
3. Nanny
4. Cafe worker
5. Barnes and Noble employee (for two days)

I tag JRowe, Pentha, Brett, Kyle, and Joan.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you can admit that the t.v. is crappy. :o)

If you think the places that you've lived is sad, remember what my list would look like.... :o)M

E9 said...

I won't have the good and decent name of Television soiled while I'm on the watch!!! :)

E9 said...

OK, first, I'm honored to be tagged, but I don't feel like my blog is the sort of place to respond so I will do it here. Also, I don't know 5 others who blog and I don't just ask people I don't know to do this sort of thing. Sorry, that's me :) I'm difficult.

Here it goes:

What I was doing 10 years ago - 1998
1. Going to grad school
2. Quitting a job
3. Having good sex
4. Breaking a heart
5. Getting serious about golf

Five things on my to-do list today
1. Get up by 5:30a
2. Watch PTI
3. Go to the PO
4. Make tee times
5. Talk with my father

Snacks I enjoy
1. Ice Cream
2. Candy
3.
4.
5.

This is a silly question for me because I just eat what I want anyway, so there's really no difference between snacks and food per se. It's all just my diet. Though I'm working on improving it because it may not be changing my outside, but I'm sure it's rotting away my inside.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire (in this order)
1. Quit my job
2. Play golf everyday
3. Spend lots of 'quality time' with attractive women with no personality and attractive women with deep personality
4. Donate to charities
5. Buy a home in Arizona

Five of my bad habits
1. I am too often closed-minded
2. I am too often selfish
3. I too often say what I think
4. Poor diet
5. I care too much about what a few think, and care too little about what the rest think

Five places I have lived
1. Marlborough, MA
2. With my mother
3. With my father
4. Cape Cod, MA
5. Where I live now, MA

Five jobs I've had
1. Paperboy
2. Athletic Dept assistant
3. Giver of Lady Pleasures
4. Yard boy
5. Pool boy

JAV said...

b -

I'm getting quite a thrill from having been tagged! I'll answer tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

I'm insulted that I'm not mentioned on the list of what you would do if you were a billionaire. Would I still have to live in a two bedroom house with a mortgage (and now a leaky skylight)??

b said...

you were the charity that I was alluding to. :O)

Actually, I was going to mention buying houses for family/friends, but that can quickly spiral out of control. No worries, I would hook you up just fine. :O)

Leslie said...

I love your list of places you've lived! There must be at LEAST a five mile span between each of those cities! LOL!

b said...

Brett, I don't remember you dating anyone 10 years ago. Who was it? My sister and I feel somewhat responsible for things not working out with Andrea, btw. She had to sit through us performing "Like a prayer" while you hung out with Joe and Brett upstairs. You broke up shortly after that. I think she couldn't handle the friends she would be forced to hang out with. :O)

Anonymous said...

come on, we were fun! She loved us! I think it was that BCA was insisting that Worcester is the best place on earth to live.

E9 said...

I absolve you both so no worries. I believe she found true love following me, which I believe I have a patented ability to do :) but at least we had some fun.

And it's documented here and now, Worc is not the best place on Earth to live!

Also, R, get B's promise in writing on the billionaire hook-up thing. Just like Naked Eyes sang, it's all Promises Promises, until she actually HAS the dough! :)

Alicia said...

Okay, B, I've posted my lists.

I must chime in on Worcester: Nick went to Clark for grad school. I've been there. It is probably one of the ugliest places I've ever been. I'm sorry.

E9 said...

alicia: i don't know you, but i hate you now :)

only certain people should be allowed to show Worc to others...someone failed you.

b said...

hee hee hee. Now I love Alicia more than ever!!!!

Alicia said...

And I'll bet bca hates me even more now that he knows I live on Dove Mountain -- where Tiger and the other top 64 have committed to playing every February for the next several years.

Anonymous said...

Can I challenge the "Cafe worker" job just a bit? As I recall, that job was more than a little short lived. As I recall, you left that job for a job that had a somewhat more flexible schedule...

E9 said...

alicia: CORRECT!

b said...

Owen, LOL! I worked at the cafe for at least a few months!