Sunday, March 16, 2008

Quick Updates

I've stayed away from the computer all weekend. I've actually read an entire novel today! I can accomplish great things when I stay away. I'm sorry that I never reported back about Brooklyn though.

She is fine. She miraculously passed the objects that were clogging up her intestines. (It was a red plastic toy wrapped up in underwear. Don't ask.) She came home Friday night, and appears to be completely back to herself. I must publicly thank Michele, my dear friend from Widow Group. She is a Veterinary Surgeon, and for the second time in Brooklyn's short life, has come to her rescue. Michele, I so appreciate you taking the time to make a house call, and for helping me make the decisions that I made. You are amazing.

I had a great weekend, but ate and drank way too much. On Friday night I went out with two of my cousins whom I almost never get to see. We had an amazing time catching up, and I am so happy that I went out with them. First we had dinner here
followed by drinks here.

Last night my parents took T and I out to celebrate his 30th birthday. We had a fine meal here.
But I made the mistake of drinking too much and eating a huge dessert! Not so much fun once we returned home.

Life is good. I feel content. Hope your weekends went as well.

-b

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Brooklyn is doing well, and even more happy to hear that you were able to indulge in fabulous restaurants and enjoy yoru family and T this weekend! Cheers to you and yours!

QK

kyle said...

B
Glad to hear that Brroklyn is ok!! Happy belated to T! I feel like I am following you around lately--- was at the Skellig on Saturday night after going to Watch City. Headed to the other place on Friday for lunch since it is restaurant week... small and strange world!