Monday, March 17, 2008

Balloons

Here is the conversation we had in the car today:

Jacob: Mommy look! Balloons are in the sky!

Josh: they are going to daddy, they are going to daddy!

Jacob: Mommy, what will daddy do with all those balloons?

b: I don't know. What do you think he'll do with them?

Jacob: I think he will hand them out to people. When they die and go to heaven, daddy will be waiting for them with balloons.

b: I'll bet you're right. Your daddy sure did love to welcome people to a party.

Inside I had to chuckle. Joe might be handing out cigars to welcome people, but for some reason I can't picture him handing out balloons. Can you?

-b

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't picture it either, but I LOVE the story. :o)M

E9 said...

i can picture Joe handing out lots of different things, none of which are balloons!
Very funny chilluns you have there though :)

Did you counter their story with the time their dad and I 'borrowed' a full keg from someone's parked car? Should I not comment on that here :)

b said...

Brett, that's one of my favorite Joe stories! I only wish you had told me about it when Joe was alive! I will def. share that with the boys when they are old enough to appreciate it.