Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Little Annoyances

I have had a slow leak in my rear passenger tire. By slow I mean fast. I have had to fill it with air every other day. By I, I mean the person who works at the gas station and continues taking pity on my feeble attempts at filling my tire with air. I spent an hour and a half on Sunday waiting for my tire to be diagnosed. At the end of the wait I was told that the leak is not fixable. There is a nail in the edge, and it's not a safe spot to patch it. "Fine," I told the man, "replace it please." Not possible. The tire is not in stock. Argh.

I received a speeding ticket in the mail today. It came from the city of Boston, and says that it's a late notice. a) I never received an original ticket. b) It's dated 1/16/08 at 11:49 am. Guess where I was at that time? Work! Guess where work is located? 30 minutes away from the city of Boston. WTF?????

Brooklyn hates the rain. She is fearless in many ways, but the rain seems to be her big phobia. Strangely enough, it's my phobia as well. I came home tonight to find dog poop everywhere. I sent her outside into the rain, cleaned it up, let her back in, went upstairs to put the boys to bed, and what was waiting for me when I came back down? More poop! She did it again!

I keep getting sick. Not sick enough to stay home from work. Not sick enough to stop my daily routine, but sick enough to just not feel well. I sweat easily, my head hurts, my throat is swollen. It last for three days, goes away for three, comes back for three.

There are minor annoyances. I get that. They are all fixable. But man do they put me in a bad mood!

-b

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck! :O)M

J.Rowe said...

Some times it's the little things that aggravate me the most!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you fixed your tire... one less thing to worry about this weekend. The sick thing happens to all us teachers I feel like. It's actually in our contracts (or at least mine).

E9 said...

OK, so by now someone has had to tell you, you're supposed to fix tires in pairs (or fours, depending on the car).

The ticket, your car was "borrowed" by someone and returned before you knew it was gone.

Your dog needs a visit from Cesar Milan, she has issues.

Sick, I hear ya. Get the Z Pack. On the serious, it'll fix you right up.

b said...

Brett, I had all my tires replaced less than a year ago. This one git a nail in it. They had to special order one that would match.

I cleared up the ticket. They made (and admitted to making!) a mistake.

My dog does seriously need Cesar Milan.

and today I'm feeling better!

Anonymous said...

ok, yes, you're good with the one then...rare exception. :)

pharmaceuticals ALWAYS make you feel good.