Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Drove in the Snow

This may not seem like a big deal, but as those who know me can attest to, I am scared shitless of driving in the snow. I have panic attacks at the mere thought of it. Luckily for me, Melanie lives around the corner and we work together. (What will I do next year when you move, mel?)

Today I drove myself to school in the snow and was fine, but was getting more and more anxious as the day went on and the snow was building up. I decided to leave my car at school for the night, and drive home with Melanie.

But when I got out to the parking lot I decided to suck it up and drive myself. As it turned out, the roads were 100% fine. I didn't slide once, and there was no traffic. But I didn't know for sure that the roads would be that way.

The roads were so fine that I ended up meeting T for dinner and shopping in Framingham!

Go me!

-b

p.s. To K from Texas: Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I am so very happy for you! We want pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You done good. :o)

K-Enjoy every minute. :o)M

Ann said...

good for you. I understand though. Back in Iowa my commute to school was on the freeway and we get ice and then snow usually, so combine that with crazy drivers who think that having 4wdr grants them immunity of some kind - it could be scary. Interesting now that I am not working (and thus have no hard time deadlines) I don't mind the snow driving as much.

Anonymous said...

You're lucky, we don't get much snow here, especially not at this time of year 'cos it's summer. :-)

Glad to see you conquered your fears and drove. Muchos kudos to you my dear.

Have an awesome break all, if you get one this time of year that is. :-)