Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Life Clarifications
My house has a Christmas tree in in! The irony of this is that we are Jewish, and I have always sworn that I would never own a Christmas tree. yet we have one because of T, and it's really pretty, and I love it.
Behold the Christmas Tree


I gained 5 pounds over this past week. I have since lost 2 and a half pounds, but T is making Freanch Onion's soup from this month's Cooks Magazine, and I will likely gain them back!

Jacob has his MRI tomorrow. He will be sedated. We will get the results tomorrow, but he was amazingly brave. I was so very proud of him.

Jacob and Brooklyn resting together after his procedure

My niece and nephew are the cutest. No clarification needed.

I got to see Owen and his partner, Charles last week. I really miss Owen and wish he lived closer. I wish Charles lived closer too!

T's parents stayed with us until Sunday! And I was sad to see them go! But it was nice to be done entertaining for a bit.

T and I are going away this weekend. But I really and truly am not expecting a ring. :O( But it should still be a great weekend, We are staying here.

I love The Hills on MTV. Still do.

I'm halfway done with my book. I have been working on a book in my writing group. I'm really liking how it is coming along, but am slightly disturbed by the fact that a very similar book was just published. Hopefully it will do well, and publishers will be thrilled to see another book in the same genre. BTW, I am not reading the other book, for fear that I will accidentally steal the ideas. But feel free to buy it and tell my your thoughts on it! Maybe I'll even let you read my story so far so you can compare the two.

I miss your comments. Please say hello. You guys are the best.

-b

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi friend...I am reading and thinking of you often.

b said...

Al,

Right back atcha. I was just thinking of you and how awed I am by your strength.

Anonymous said...

huh. that book does seem similar. i would love to read the next installment of yours if you want to share. :)

xo-ej

Aunt Boo said...

I love it that you came back to clarify. I hope everything comes back fine with Jacob.

Still Reading!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Definitely still reading!

I am glad Jacob did okay with the MRI. We just had to do a sedated echocardiogram, and it was No Fun. I hope you get the results quickly and that they ease your mind.

I am also Jewish, and I think your Christmas tree is gawgeous!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is rather strange I suppose, but I've been reading your blog for about a month now and just really think you seem like a great person! I found your site by accident--I was just wandering around various widow(er)'s blogs and found my way to yours. I recently married a widower with two children (15 & 12 yrs--amazing, sweet, open-hearted kids) and so just am interested in how different folks deal with the loss of a spouse and moving on. My new husband was very healthy about it all in my opinion--it's not to say he doesn't think of her at times, but he is definitely all here with me now too. Anyway, you just seem to have handled this huge life change very well, and I wish you and your family health and happiness in the coming years! (And I hope to see a very happy ending with "T" too!) :-)
Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

I wish we lived closer so we could watch the hills together...N

Anonymous said...

seriously... that tree looks amazing

Anonymous said...

The tree looks awesome, enjoy watching the lights after the boys are in bed.

I read everyday, even though I feel a bit like a stalker, since I don't reply. I'll try to do better.

I can't wait to hear about jacob's results. So glad to hear the process went well.

I also love the Hills, and I am soooo glad to find another official adult who indulges too!LOL

You look fabulous and I have no doubt you'll drop those pesky onion soup LB's!

Have a wonderful time downtown and I can't wait to read you book about a "REAL WIDOW" who has had to deal with the tragic and real day to day recovery.