Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Reality Overkill

So you all know that I love reality TV. It's actually the only TV genre I watch these days. I realize they are crappy, but it's what I like. Deal with it.

What some of you know is that I used to be obsessed with the movie, "Dirty Dancing." By used to, I mean the 7th grade, and by obsessed I mean I saw it in the movie theatre ten times. Really. Ten times. Then I bought the video when it came out and watched it endlessly. I had every line memorized and my siblings and I performed a lip synch to the talent show song.

But even I, a hardcore fan of both all things reality, and Dirty Dancing think that this is too much. For those of you too lazy to click, WE has created a new reality TV show called, "Dirty Dancing." Their catch phrase is, "18 will dance. Only one will have the time of her life."

I will watch only so that I can properly make fun of it. Really. Just once. Or twice. And of course I'll have to watch the finale. But that's it. Because this show is pure crap.

-b

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is also going to be a reality show based on the movie Grease....looks like they are starting to run out of ideas!

Nicole

M said...

You are too much! :o)

P.S. I WANTED to watch the one for Grease! :o)

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea for a show. This is exactly what the world needs. I often duet "(I've had) The Time of My Life" at karaoke.

J.Rowe said...

I saw the one about Grease that one is too much for me. I have to admit that I did like Dancing With the Stars this season. I feel ashamed to admit I followed it: ) Guilty pleasures.

Anyhow, a good reality show, which isn't new this season, but I'm following is Top Chef. It's pretty decent, Bravo channel.

Highlandgal said...

Actually, Grease was my "Dirty Dancing" But it was before videos, so I only saw it at the theater twice, got the soundtrack for my birthday, and got the picture book. In my neighborhood we used to play "Grease." Everyone wanted to be Sandy and wear the high heeled shoes.

allison said...

I think they're definitely running out of ideas...