Wednesday, December 20, 2006

blah

I had a funny
entry
all ready to go

but
i don't have it
in me
tonight

i just want
to cry
and
I'm not even sure
why

I may just be
exhausted
from having sleepless nights
with josh
who is sick
again

I may be frustrated
with T
because he's so grumpy
because he's sick
again

I may just be missing Joe
for reasons
not completely clear
to me

maybe it's the holiday cards
with the family names
all intact

or the memories
of those days in
the hospital
that just keep
haunting me

or the fear
that things won't
work out with T
and I'll need to start all over
again

whatever the reason
I'm melancholy
tonight
and the funny entry
will just have to wait
until I have joy in
my heart
again

-b


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then all I can say to you is:

"He's coming"

I sent Gulliver to you today so in the next week or so he should reach you. I sent him airmail.

Hope you feel better soon and all the sickies in your house get better too so that you can feel even better.

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you and the boys. I am sorry you are feeling sad. I wanted to say especially this time of year, but I guess this time of year, is when you would feel the most sadness.

Double hugs for you all!! And healthy vibes to the crew as well!!

J.Rowe said...

It's all of those things and you're tired. It's time for a break... you've been going full steam. What you are able accomplish amazes me! You are two days away from vacation: ) Hang in there.

Men are grumpy when they're sick and it has nothing to do with you...He'll be back to himself before you know it. You're going to have a great holiday break.

I hope Josh is better soon.

Maisy said...

(((Hugs))) from me too.

Ali

M said...

:o( Hugs from me as well. It will get better soon. (Josh too :o)

I'll look forward to the funny post. :o)

Anonymous said...

I can relate.

Erin said...

Hugs Sweetie.

Mrs. G.F. said...

(((B)))

It's not surprising, this is such an emotional time of year.

I find I miss the people that aren't here the most during this month. I don't know why it's that way, maybe like you said, the whole family thing, and for my family, the family Christmas party. It is so bittersweet. I make my uncle's sauce now, the one he made for years, I think over 20 years.

It's been 5 years since he passed away, and 4 years that I have been making it.

I get upset every year that I make it. I cry and am so grumpy, I miss him so.

I find this time of year bittersweet.

And, how could you not, after your family party, seeing his family, and not having him there????

I hope that you find something to give you the peace that you need and deserve this time of year.

Love SM

Alicia said...

Adding my voice to the chorus of hugs...