Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sad Day At Work

The father of a boy in the third grade (not my class) died over the weekend, unexpectedly. He was flying to Israel with his wife, when something went wrong with his heart. This little boy has so many emotional problems to start...it's just really sad.

Also, a boy at the high school who had lots of connections to my school, killed himself yesterday. Apparently he was so depressed his parents tried to get him admitted to the local mental health hospital, but he was turned away. At some point last night he hung himself.

So you can imagine the mood in our school today. My heart goes out to all the family and friends affected by these tragic losses.

-b

4 comments:

Mrs. G.F. said...

Oh, horrible.

What a sad day.

:(

((B))

Anonymous said...

How heartbreaking for BOTH families. I'm so sorry.

ramblingmuse said...

Oh, my...so sorry to hear all of this.

*hugs*

Dial-Up Princess said...

*hugs**